Tips for First time Buyers
- We know buying an engagement ring can be a nerve-wracking experience for a couple, and even more so for anyone buying it as a surprise for their partner.
- This is especially the case when you have no previous experience of buying diamond jewellery. The very fact that you have taken this step and are considering such a great commitment indicates that you are ready to begin a new chapter in your life.
- Our aim is to make this experience as easy and pleasant as possible. We understand that it can be overwhelming when choosing that special ring for your loved one - from the diamond size and cut to the style of the ring setting.
- Here are a few tips designed to make this journey easier for you. If you have any further queries you are more than welcome to give us a call
Establish Your Budget
- Never rush into purchasing your diamond ring. Take some time to explore your options, and set your standards, as this is the ring you will be declaring your love and commitment with.
- Once you become familiar with the various options, establish your budget based on your income, and what you feel comfortable spending.
- Usually the budget is based on three month’s salary; however everyone faces different financial circumstances so do not feel pressured at any point to overspend. Our aim is to find you the perfect diamond ring – no matter what your budget is.
- Also remember the “4 C’s” when choosing your diamond – this will give you a better idea of what diamond characteristics best suit your budget. This will prepare you for when you are ready to make the purchase, and in return the process will not seem as daunting as you initially thought.
Learn About Diamonds
- The first step to buying a diamond is to understand the meaning of the “4 C’s” of a diamond: Carat, Colour, Clarity, and Cut. Take the time to read through our Education Page to get a good understanding of the different diamond qualities. This will help you determine the best balance for your diamond. If you are still unsure of the exact characteristics for your diamond you are more than welcome to make an appointment with us, and we’ll talk you through the best choices of
Learn About Ring Settings
- The ring itself is also referred to as the “Setting”. They come in several metals and styles, whether it is a Solitaire, Diamond Shoulder, Antique or Trilogy design.
- Most diamond rings are set in Gold or Platinum. Depending on which jewellers you visit you may be shown 14k or 18k gold. At Klarity we offer our settings in 18k Yellow, Rose, White Gold and Platinum in a variation of styles and designs to suit any taste and budget.